Full Time AV Technician – Live Events Company
Matrix is a live events AV Supplier, specialising in a broad spectrum of projects. Ranging in size and variety, be it a boardroom for 20 delegates or a festival for upto 70,000. Matrix continues to grow and owns a vast inventory of sound and video equipment, having recently invested heavily in the latest cutting edge technology.
An experienced AV Technician is required to work in our head office in Hook, Hampshire. The successful applicant will support and work with the existing experienced production and warehouse team to ensure the high demands of an event, in the warehouse and on-site are delivered with impeccable detail.
As AV Technician the individual will be responsible, but not limited to the following
- Assist the preparation (inbound and outbound) of all equipment for shows
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies e.g. wearing the correct PPE
- When required, additional duties will include:
- Help, plan, organize and deliver the workflow in the warehouse to improve productivity and increase efficiency
- Assist with the service, repair and maintenance requirements of equipment
- Book sub-hires as and when required
- Oversee the return of sub-hire equipment to suppliers, making sure equipment is returned within the correct timescales and as per sub-hire agreement
- Oversee vehicle loading and driver logistics
- Once trained; assist with PAT testing of Matrix equipment
- Utilising the Warehouse Management System to process the orders efficiently
- Ensure required paperwork is generated and filed correctly
- Using the in-house stock control system (Rental Point) make sure equipment is available at the correct time
- Work alongside the existing Technicians to manage the equipment swaps and reduce sub-hires where possible
- Maintain stock levels for all consumables and order as required
Ideal experience / qualifications of the AV Technician:
- At least 2 years’ experience of the AV industry / AV rental
- Knowledge of associated equipment – sound and video
- Understand the demand associated with on-site event delivery
- Ability to work in a busy warehouse with AV equipment
- Use of Rental Point (knowledge would be beneficial but not essential)
- Clean driving license is essential to the role
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge
The successful applicant
The individual will need to be confident, hold strong interpersonal skills and have competent knowledgeable of the industry. The successful candidate must be motivated and happy to work independently and as a team.
The position would be 5 days a week (Mon – Fri) working 9.00am – 6.00pm. However, the nature of the industry means there will need to be flexibility with these hours from time to time. Overtime may also be required as and when needed.
The role is predominantly located in Hook. However, the role will involve an amount of UK and International travel.
This is a challenging full time role with plenty of scope for further development and career enhancement. You will therefore need strong organisational, administrative and communication skills, an excellent eye for detail and be calm and accurate under pressure.
Salary: negotiable dependant on experience
Closing date: none specified
Start date: Position open now